Monday, August 21, 2006

OK, I have a better idea


So I just wrote about how I want someone to buy me a Mac and this got me thinking.

As a back story, a few years ago, I began asking people for $12,000. I felt that if I had $12,000, then I would be able to free myself up to pursue my career and would soon be able to return that investment.

Well, fate has a weird way of working things out, because I got my $12,000. In fact, I got twice that. The weird thing is, it came in the form of disability insurance after I had massive heart surgery. So I am wary of "putting this out into the universe" that I want a new Mac. Especially since I have an appointment with my doctor on Wednesday.

Even though I said 'please', Macs are expensive. The cheapest option I spoke of is the $599 Mac Mini and hopefully that wouldn't be the one someone would buy me. You would hope they would at least get me the upgraded one with the Dual Core processor.

Anyway, I was inspired by my friend Penelope, who recently gave me her old iMac. It's a really cool computer but I don't feel it's adequate to get into blogging with, because of it's 32 mb of ram and OS 8.5.

No, for me to get the real feel for a Mac, it's going to take at least 512 mb of ram and OS X.

I want to run iLife and iMovie and stuff like that. I want to feel what it's like to be a Mac user!

Now, an alternative to my original plan is this: someone else should give me their used (but newer) Mac. An iBook or newer iMac, maybe? Perhaps you just got a Mac Pro and now your G5 tower is gathering dust?

This way, you're not taking anything away from yourself, in fact, I am providing you with a service. I have lots of crap that I should probably throw out and I would love if someone came to me and said "let me give your crap a home and I will use it and love it and take care of it". Really, if you think about it, I am the one doing you a favor, not the other way around.

So please give me your crap, as long as that crap has at least a G4 processor, 512 mb of ram, an 80 gig hard drive and a DVD burner. These specs are negotiable if we're talking about a laptop, because I am not picky. These are suitable alternatives for me. Again, just let me know.

Thanks again!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sir, are a freakin society parasite.

Please go and suck the horse 5th leg.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So please give me your crap, as long as that crap has at least a G4 processor, 512 mb of ram, an 80 gig hard drive and a DVD burner.

wow, beggars cant be choosers. save up and buy your own computer.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a tip for you. The world does not owe you a living.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't you give me a blow job.

5:12 PM  
Blogger MJB said...

Damn, I think I've found a new friend in "anonymous". Eat shit and the horse you rode in on freeloader. You know I loves ya.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home