Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Product review: My Razr phone


I know this is old news, but I just have to say: everybody was right.

When I was looking into getting a new phone, the only one I really wanted was a Motorola Razr. It seemed to have everything I needed (or thought I needed): a camera, Bluetooth, speakerphone. Actually, one of the key factors in my decision was the fact that it would fit nicely in my pocket and not roll around like rounder phones tended to do with me.

I asked all my friends and even some random strangers who had the phone what they thought of it and most seemed to like it. Plus, the price was right. I got mine from T-Mobile for about 50 bucks with a rebate (which I did receive in a reasonable amount of time).

But the caveat I heard over and over again was that the speaker in the headset wasn't very loud.

And it's true. You know when you talk on a cell phone and things sound faint, but you realize you don't have the speaker in the right position by your ear? That's what this is like, only you can't slide the phone up or down and adjust it and make it right. It always sounds kind of faint. Not in a terrible way, it's just mildly annoying.

I knew it would be like this, I did. My thinking was that it wouldn't be a big deal because I was so excited about getting a Bluetooth headset, but then I heard all sorts of horror stories about those too.

Other than that, I really like my new phone. The pictures aren't great, but it's a phone, not a camera. The speakerphone actually works really well and the call quality on the other end is pretty good. People often remark about how clear I sound. Well, I think that's what they're saying anyway.

I might break down and get a headset, I'm not sure. The mini-USB headset that came with it is pretty much worthless, as nobody can understand a word I'm saying when I use it.

Does anyone out there have a good experience with a Bluetooth headset for their T-Mobile Razr? There's really no way to test them out and I don't want to be stuck with one that sucks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Motorola H700 owns for the RAZR.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Smith said...

Yea, this is a great blog! The Motorola Razr Unlocked does seem to have everything!

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home