Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My Dell - update

Ok, I promise this will be the last post about my computer (at least as it pertains to this issue).

I felt obliged to write this post because, actually, a Dell Technician called me today. I guess it's his job to search peoples' blogs for complaints about Dells. He came across mine and contacted me to see if everything had been resolved.

I appreciate the effort and he was a nice guy and very apologetic. But I don't know if this sways me, you know? It's just too little, too late.

I (again) explained my ordeal and why I felt that Dell had let me down. His opinion was that this was a very rare occurrence, but I was not convinced. This seems like a systematic failure of the system they have in place.

As he looked through my pages and pages of logs I had generated, I can't wonder if he hadn't started to agree with me.

He made good on the financial compensation I was offered earlier (that I never heard about again, even though I was promised a follow-up call the next day) and I was given a $100 credit on my payment plan, which isn't something to sneeze at, but still boils down to about $12/hour.

Anyway, I sorta blame myself for all of this. I should have known better than to try and go through the recommended procedures. I can't stress this enough: if you have the same problem, CALL technical support and just keep yelling "agent" into the phone, ignoring the prompts. Eventually, they will send you to a real person, it's the only way to solve these kinds of problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home