Friday, August 18, 2006

I *heart* wordpress!

I do. I love my new wordpress blog.

Is that wrong, to plug a different blog site on blogger? I will probably be switching over there, it's just easier and it looks nicer. Don't you think?

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, I moved my regular blog, hollywoodphony.com, from blogger to wordpress, which is a different blog hosting site.

I was just gonna try it out because it works better with microsoft's new windows live writer, which is an app to write and publish blogs from outside of your regular blog page. I was having problems with blogger being down for maintenance so often and also had some issues with the way they handle pictures and stuff.

So anyway, I try it out with wordpress and it just looks better, it's easier to set up and maintain but the best part is all the statistics tools they give you with it.

They tell me how many people click on my site (which you can only do on blogger with third party plug-ins or by using google adsense) but they also tell me from where they are coming, via their url.

If you have ever read my blog, you know I'm obsessed with who is reading my blog and how they found it, because, honestly, I mostly feel like it's just my friends and family reading it.

So in addition to all those statistics, probably the coolest thing is when it tells you what search terms people have used to find your site.

This is, by far, my favorite:

cherry doll piece of shit whore movie

If you enter this into google, my site pops up third. Yes, third!

I have no idea what someone was looking for when they typed that in or why my site was deemed the third-most relevant, but it is and I'm keeping it.

That one's mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home